US Capitol Christmas Tree Coming To Nebraska City
NEBRASKA CITY – America’s top Christmas Tree is coming to the Home of Arbor Day.
Nebraska City Tourism and Commerce will be requesting a one-block closure of 11th Street from Central Avenue to First Corso on Nov. 19. This will be a stop for The US Capitol Christmas Tree.
This will be the 54th year of the US Capitol Christmas Tree tradition.
The tree will be making 25 stops along its cross-country trip from Oregon to D.C. with Nebraska City being stop number 16.
The public is invited to track the tree’s journey at www.trackthetree.com, and come out on the 19th to take pictures, sign banners, and learn about the Willamette National Forrest, where the tree was cut.
Host communities include:
• Friday, Nov. 9: Sweet Home High School, 1641 Long St, Sweet Home, OR 97386 (12:00 p.m. Street Fair, 6:00 p.m. Parade and 7:30 p.m. Program)
• Saturday, Nov. 10: Linn County Circuit Court, 300 SW Fourth Avenue, Albany, OR 97321 (9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.)
• Saturday, Nov. 10: Cabela’s, 2800 Gateway Street, Springfield, OR 97477 (4:00 – 5:30 p.m.) • Sunday, Nov. 11: McKenzie River Ranger Station, 57600 McKenzie Highway 126, McKenzie Bridge, OR 97413 (10:30 – 11:30 a.m.)
• Sunday, Nov. 11: 48257 E. 1st, Oakridge, OR 97463 (2:30 – 4:30 p.m.)
• Monday, Nov. 12: 450 SW Powerhouse Dr., Ste 422, Bend, OR 97702 (11:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.) • Monday, Nov. 12: 160 Detroit Ave, Detroit, OR 97342 (5:00 – 7:00 p.m.)
• Tuesday, Nov. 13: Oregon State Capitol, 900 Court St NE, Salem, OR 97301 (10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
• Tuesday, Nov. 13: Oregon City, OR
Also, on the agenda is the Seventh Street improvement project, Keep Nebraska City Beautiful quarterly report, and a request to relocated parking signs for Blue Rivers Area for the Aging.