SIDNEY – Fremont County Emergency Management hosted a community meeting in Sidney Sunday regarding Missouri River flooding.
Information items include:
- Sign up at Alert Iowa for evacuation notifications
- Church of Christ, Nebraska City disaster relief team, at Sidney at 9 a.m. Monday
- Initial intake with Red Cross in Tabor, 11 a.m., Sidney, 1 p.m., on Monday.
- Water wells in flood areas, must be tested before used. Emergency management can coordinate free testing.
- Hamburg residents can put flood debris at curb according to DNR segregation rules. DOT will pick it up for free.
- FEMA will set up at roads department building in Sidney
- If your power was shut off, Mid American will not re-energize the house until Homeland Security has inspected it.
- There is a link to FEMA on Fremont County Emergency Management Facebook page.
- Shenandoah old National Guard armory has shelter that will take pets.
- American Red Cross shelter at United Faith Church in Sidney.
- Shelter at old National Guard armory in Shenandoah takes famiies with pets.
- Collection centers at Marnie Simons Elementary School in Hamburg, Shenandoah Senior Center, Tabor Fire station, West Central Development in Sidney.
- Pet assistance at Healthy Trails Retreat in Shenandoah.
- Church of Christ, Nebraska City, disaster relief team will be at Sidney, 9 a.m. Monday.
Emergency Management Coordinator Mike Crecelius said there are at least 14 breaches in the levee, four partial breaches, two other areas of damage and one area of distress.
Crecelius: “I try to be truthful with people, so I’m not going to sugar coat this. I’ll tell you there is no way under God’s blue sky that the US Army Corps of Engineers can have all of this repaired before spring thaw.
“We’re going to have problems out there this spring, this summer and this fall. We’re going to have issues for quite a while.”
Streaming by BitWind LLC.