Reported structure fire in Kearney results in minor damages

KEARNEY, NE (Omaha World-Herald News Service) – Fire officials are blaming combustible materials left too close to a gas oven for a reported structure fire in Kearney.

The Kearney Fire Department was called to a multi-family home on West 24th Street Monday but they say by the time they arrived the fire was already out.

Fire officials tell the Kearney Hub that tenants were briefly evacuated and checked for smoke inhalation but no one was hospitalized.

Minor damage was reported to a kitchen.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.