Chemical Fire At Tecumseh Prison Quickly Extinguished

TECUMSEH – The Department of Correctional Services says a fire resulting from a chemical spill at the Tecumseh State Correctional Institute was quickly extinguished without any injuries.

The fire started inside a chemical closet in the wood shop when rags spontaneously combusted. The rags had earlier been used to absorb chemicals that had been spilled on the floor.

The Johnson County Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire. Ceiling sprinklers quickly extinguished the flames.

 

 

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share: