Firefighters Respond To Three Houses Fires

On Friday, firefighters responded to 1515 First Corso where rags and a mattress outside a residence were burning.

On Saturday, two units and 10 firefighters responded to a fire at Lot 45 at 820 N. 16th St.

Firefighters say an electrical cord used for a window air conditioner was too small. The contents of a bedroom occupied by Eduardo Reyes was burned, including the mattress.

On Sunday, firefighters provided mutual aid to Dunbar Fire on north 48th road, where a house had caught fire.

Property owner Chad Neubaur suspects that lightning started the fire in the building, which has been vacant for about a decade.

Firefighters noted that the house did have electrical service and a branch may have knocked a wire loose.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share: