The Fremont County 4-H Endowment Committee recently presented scholarship awards to six graduating senior 4-H members and one former 4-H’er currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
- Carter Jennings, Riverside Rockets 4-H Club, Fremont-Mills Community School District
- Elayna Mincer, Washington PEP 4-H Club, Sidney Community School District
- Bryce Moran, Washington PEP 4-H Club, Sidney Community School District
- Maryn Phillips, Washington PEP 4-H Club, Sidney Community School District
- Christine Rost, Washington PEP 4-H Club, Sidney Community School District
- Matthew Stenzel, Washington PEP 4-H Club, Shenandoah Community School District
- Taylor McGargill, former WMP 4-H Club, enrolled at Iowa State University
An eighth award was presented to Jolean McClane, a member of the Silver Skylarks 4-H Club and a 2017 graduate of Sidney Community School District. Jolean was named the Monaghan Scholarship recipient.
Dan and Susan Monaghan are former Fremont County residents, now living in Central City, Nebraska. Dan was very active in Fremont County 4-H and because of this involvement, he established the Dan and Susan Monaghan grant in 1995 to help 4-H’ers further their education.
The Dan and Susan Monaghan Grant is awarded annually to a high school senior who exemplifies the characteristics of a 4-H’er. Jolean will also receive $700 following the completion of her first semester with a GPA of at least 2.0 and proof of enrollment in her second semester.
Scholarship recipients receive $700 for their first semester of college.
The Fremont County 4-H Endowment Committee members include Keith Jones, Carolyn Maher, Mandy Maher, Pam Nebel and Grant Schaaf. A vacancy left by the passing of Glen Stenzel will be filled later this year.