Garage Fire Spreads To 1888 Plattsmouth Home

PLATTSMOUTH – Firefighters battled a  house fire at 108 Fourth Avenue in Plattsmouth Thursday afternoon.

The fire call was dispatched at 4 p.m. for a fire in the garage, but first responders reported seeing smoke in the attic between the garage and the main house.

The resident, Katherine Rimel, was uninjured. Portions of the house date back to 1888.

Murray and Offut firefighters were dispatched for mutual aid on the house fire and Louisville Fire and Rescue was called for mutual aid because of a one-vehicle roll-over on old Highway 34.

Louisville fire was later asked to provide mutual aid for the Plattsmouth house fire.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share: