It Took Hours Before Suspect Emerged In Douglas’ Double Homicide

The people were specifically targeted

- Holland

NEBRASKA CITY- Otoe County Chief Deputy Mike Holland said it was about two hours into the investigation of a double homicide in Douglas on Saturday before the name of suspect Brindar Jangir, 36, came up.

A sheriff’s deputy responded to the home of Randal and Annette Grimes after the 911 dispatch center received a call from that address. No one spoke with the dispatcher, but he told deputies that he could hear a woman asking for help.

Deputies discovered that the couple had been shot and began to interview neighbors and family members when the suspect’s name came up. Investigators soon developed a vehicle description and put out a bulletin naming Jangir as a person of interest.

Holland: “This double homicide was not a random act, at all. The people were specifically targeted,  but it wasn’t by a person that any of us had any prior knowledge of or prior history with.”

Arrests warrants have been issued by Otoe and Lancaster County. The Lancaster County warrant involves a stolen firearm, which is believed to have been used to commit both murders.

The Nebraska State Patrol believes Jangir has left the area, but Nebraskans are asked to call 911 immediately if they see him.

An earlier report said Jangir, who had been living in Sioux City, Iowa, may be driving a red 2008 Honda Accord.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share: