Small Fire Breaks Out at West Beatrice Business

BEATRICE – Beatrice Firefighters were sent to the west part of the city late Wednesday afternoon, when a small fire broke out at Mark’s Home Improvement, in the five hundred block of West Court.  The fire was first reported as happening at Homestead Auto Glass next door, but was actually in the rear of the adjacent home improvement business.   Glass company business was proceeding as normal.

The business where the fire occurred is along the south side of Court, near West Court and LaSalle Street.

Beatrice Fire Chief Brian Daake says the problem apparently originated around a chimney and wood burning stove, at the back of the business.

:15                  “fire break out”

Firefighters quickly doused the fire and were checking the building to make sure the fire didn’t extend farther into the structure.   Light smoke was observed coming from the building when firefighters pulled up to the scene.

:05                  “around that wall”

There was light smoke inside the building.  No injuries were reported in the incident.  A handful of employees were at the business when the problem developed.

Beatrice Police briefly halted traffic, but West Court remained open, and motorists could make it past the scene on the highway, or onto side streets.  Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour.

We strive for accuracy. Report a typo, inaccuracy, or mistake here.

Share: